Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 11th 2011

September 11th 2001
In loving memory of those who died and who gave their lives.

Also to those who lived, who fought, and who still fight for Liberty, Justice, Freedom and America 
(all pictures below have been taken from Google images)


Boone County Firefighters Memorial
Here in Columbia, MO. we have a firefighter memorial for our men and woman firefighters. I took a few pictures of it.... (The following pictures are all taken by me)


A Fireman's Prayer...

When I am called to duty, God

Wherever Flames may rage,

Give me strength to save some life

Whatever Be its age.


Help me embrace a little child

Before it is too late,

Or save an older person from

The horror of that fate.


Enable me to be alert and

Hear the weakest shout,

And quickly and efficiently

To put the fire out.


I want to fill my calling

And give the best in me,

To guard my every neighbor

And protect their property.


And if according to your will

I should lose my life,

Please bless with your protecting hand

My children and my wife.





 Pictures of New York-From New Jersey when I was there in 2009


Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.  ~Ambrose Redmoon

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

~Author Unknown


"Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror. The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing, have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger."
--George W. Bush


"Are you guys ready? Let's roll!" -- Flight 93 passenger Todd Beamer

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward and freedom will be defended." -- President Bush, Sept. 11.

"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." -- Bush, Sept. 20.

There were a lot of interesting and good quotes on many sites that I looked at, but I decided just to do a few short ones. I will never forget September 11th either. I remember watching the second plane hit the building on TV and what a sad day it was.


Psalm 25:2-3
"O my God, in You I trust, Do not let me be ashamed; Do not let my enemies exult over me. Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed; Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed."

Lamentations 3:20-23
"Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me. This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease For His compassions never fail they are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness."








No comments: